Our Culinary team always aims to source produce as locally as possible, and with an idyllic Hawke’s Bay location, their “food miles” have been relatively few.
Now with the Cape Kidnappers' vegetable garden in place and its close proximity to the lodge, our chefs are able to create daily menus based on what is freshest, utilising many vegetables straight from the garden and offering the most seasonal produce to our guests. Depending on the season we have a wide variety of different vegetables growing and we would be delighted to show you through.
We pride ourselves on making as much as we can on site. Our Pastry Chef makes everything from scratch here at The Farm – from cereals, cookies, breads, jams, exquisite pastries to ice cream. Our chocolate chip cookies are gaining legendary status and the smell of melting chocolate wafting from the kitchen means our chefs are making one of their wonderful desserts for the night’s dinner menu.
Room Service is available on request.
- Breakfast - at the Lodge is served from 7.00am to 10.30am and features a buffet of local and imported fruits, home-made muesli and cereals, yoghurts and freshly baked pastries. In addition, a hot menu featuring eggs, pancakes, crisp New Zealand bacon, ham, sausages and more may be ordered.
- Lunch - is served from 12.00pm to 3.00pm in the Lodge dining area. The Lodge lunch menu offers an extensive variety of dishes ranging from sandwiches to three course lunches.
- Clubhouse Lunch - a small selection of light options; sandwiches to eat between nines can be ordered prior to tee-off. Lunch is not included in the tariff, but can be charged directly to your suite account. Room Service to your luxury accommodation is available on request.
- Picnics - our property has an abundance of wonderful picnic sites. We offer a choice of picnic lunches, from an activity pack, simple boxed lunch or a delicious gourmet picnic. See our reception for picnic requests.
- Pre-dinner drinks - are an excellent way to meet fellow guests. Hot and cold canapes and a wide range of wines, beer and spirits are available.
- Dinner - our dinner menu changes nightly and features the finest New Zealand lamb and beef as well as the best local produce and seafood. Wine and bottled water served with dinner are not included in the daily tariff.
- Dinner Attire - During cocktails and dinner, gentlemen are required to wear a jacket (the Lodge has jackets available for guest use at Reception).
- Private Dining - if you would like to dine privately, the snug, library and wine cellar provide this unique experience.
Part of the Cape Kidnappers' dining experience is offering you the perfect wine to complement each dish. The Cape Kidnappers team are always on hand to offer personalized advice as we strive to enhance your dining experience by finding you that perfect wine.
The Cape Kidnappers vegetable garden is now enjoying wonderful growth.
Click here to read more about our Vegetable Garden.
Main Dining Room
Seared Bluenose, Zucchini Flower, Broad Beans